Do you export your products abroad? According to the EU Packaging Directive, you are obliged to take back the corresponding packaging. This applies not only to sales packaging, but also to transport packaging, batteries and accumulators as well as electrical appliances.
The problem is that each country implements the EU Packaging Directive and other laws differently, creating different obligations for manufacturers in different countries.
We help you to understand the local requirements and advise or support you with regard to compliance with all legal requirements in the individual countries.
The environmental policy approach of Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) is becoming increasingly widespread: Manufacturers assume responsibility for the entire life cycle of a product, i.e. from production through disposal to recycling. The aim is to ensure that recyclable materials remain in the cycle, thus conserving important resources. Two points are characteristic:
- Manufacturers assume responsibility, local authorities to be relieved of the burden
- Creation of incentives for manufacturers to produce their products in an (more) environmentally friendly manner
For this purpose, directives have already been issued at the European level, which in turn have been converted into national laws (taking into account national circumstances). The following product categories are affected:
- Waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)
- Batteries and accumulators
Individual countries have already further expanded the EPR obligations in their national laws, adding the following products to them:
- Printer paper, non-packaging paper
- Textiles and shoes
We support you internationally
For manufacturers, ensuring the return of the corresponding packaging means not only a high coordination effort, but also high costs. In order to help you to facilitate the handling of the international obligations and to position you in a legally secure way, we offer you various services:
- Advice on legal obligations in the respective countries – adapted to your sales structure.
- Compliance checks that examine an obligation in the respective country and clarify who must fulfill this obligation.
- Continuous information on legal changes in the individual countries.
- Registration with the relevant systems and organization of the respective quantity reports.
- Information on deadlines and submission dates of country-specific reports.
- Checking payment transactions and comparing conditions in the respective country.
You, too, are welcome to benefit from our full-service offer, which allows you to arrange the complete licensing and take-back process via Reclay. Please feel free to contact us and we will analyze your situation and determine your individual requirements. This will enable you to fully meet your take-back and recycling obligations and still be able to concentrate on your core business.