Do you export your products?
In accordance with the EU packaging directive, you are required to ensure that the relevant packaging is taken back. This not only applies to sales packaging, but also to transport packaging, batteries and rechargeable batteries as well as electronic devices.
The problem: Each country implements the EU packaging directive and other laws differently, resulting in different obligations for manufacturers in different countries.
We help you to understand the local requirements and advise or support you with regard to the fulfillment of all legal requirements in the individual countries.
The environmental policy approach of Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) is becoming more and more popular: manufacturers assume responsibility for the entire life cycle of a product, i.e. from production through disposal to recycling. The aim is that recyclable materials remain in the cycle and thus important resources are conserved. Two points are characteristic:
- Manufacturers take responsibility, municipalities should be relieved
- Creation of incentives for manufacturers to produce their products in a (more) environmentally friendly way
For this purpose, guidelines have already been issued at European level, which in turn have been converted into national laws (taking national circumstances into account). The following product categories are affected:
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE)
- batteries and accumulators
Individual countries have already further expanded the EPR obligations in their national laws and added the following products:
- Printer paper, non-packaging paper
- textiles and shoes
We support you internationally
For manufacturers, ensuring that the relevant packaging is taken back does not only mean a lot l of coordination, but also high costs. To simplify the management of international obligations and to set you up with legal certainty, we offer various services:
- Advice on legal obligations in the respective countries – adapted to your sales structure.
- Compliance checks that check an obligation in the respective country and clarify who has to fulfill this obligation.
- Ongoing information on legal changes in the individual countries.
- Registration with the responsible systems and organization of the respective quantity reports.
- Information on deadlines and submission dates for country-specific reports.
- Examination of the payment transactions and comparison of the conditions in the respective country
You could also benefit from our full-service offer, where you arrange the entire licensing and return process via Reclay. Please contact us and we will analyze your situation and determine your individual needs. Through this, you can fully meet your take back and recycling obligations and can still concentrate on your core business.
We look forward to reading from you. Just write us your request:
You can reach us by phone at +49 221 580098-2888.
More on the topic